Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yummy Thai

Very descriptive . . not only is it the name of a local restaurant but it describes the food to a "T," yummy Thai.


The husband and I were going to go out to Zebb's for Valentine's Day. We never do anything fancy for V-Day . . . we just, usually, try to go to a place we haven't been to for a while.

Well, tonight was different. The husband checked out Yummy Thai's web site, and, we have wanted to go there, so it was like getting two for one, in more ways than one.

We started out with an appetizer, Golden Triangles. I am sure you have had something like this at any oriental restaurant/buffet you have been to.


The wrappers on these were perfect . . . light and crispy. This picture is darker than what we had. Ours were a perfect golden brown. Oh, and it came with a sauce. I think the flavor I tasted was slightly plum.

The husband had their Seafood Salad . . . no choice of spiciness and it came out hot . . . too hot for me, but he liked it that way.


This was what it looked like, and the husband didn't complain about the calamari. He said the larger pieces had that usual calamari chewiness but the smaller pieces were good. Then there shrimp, scallops and mussels plus one in the shell used for decoration.

Speaking of decoration, their plating was so pretty.

Next, what I ordered. I asked out waitress what she would recommend. She said most people order the Pud Thai. I asked her what she likes to order and she smiled and said Street Noodle. So that was what I ordered, with chicken.



The noodles tasted home made. I was going to ask if they were but I forgot. They were thicker than noodles I am used to seeing in stores and their taste was more home made than store bought. Shoot, I even liked the steamed broccoli that came on it. You can't tell, but there is a lot of chicken in it too . . . I could have gotten it with pork, tofu, beef, shrimp, squid, scallop, or mixed seafood.

Last, and best, was the dessert. The web page didn't have a picture of the Taro Custard, but this is pretty close, their Sticky Rice Custard.


The Taro Custard had a brown look to it, due to the Taro root, served on a plate with chocolate drizzles across it and strawberry halves on the corner. I liked it so much I told the husband he could eat the strawberries and I would "stick" with the custard.

Oh, their Valentine Special was with an appetizer, 2 entree's and 2 drinks (we had Coke's) the dessert was free. So we left, full, fat and sassy, for $38 . . . not bad for New York where the taxes shoot the prices way out of line.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.