Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Family Easter

The husband and I are the only "family" we have on the holidays. All of our combined siblings go their seperate ways . . with their spouses' damilies or with their own extended families. That's always been fine for me. I like a nice quiet holiday meal.

But, this year I invited Grandma and Grandpa to Easter Dinner by way of using dinner plates that were theirs.

From what Mom trold me, when Grandma was an adult, it was quite popular to give gifts of decorated plates as presents. Sometimes they would match, and sometimes they would be complimentary. I think they received one at a time, and, perhaps, the people giving the gifts new the colors the receiver liked.

Most of Grandma's plates have a small pink flowered design. They all tend to match. or come very close to matching, a set of coffee cups she had.

For the life of me I could not figure out why these plates are not in her china cabinet. I thought I unpacked them when we moved, but I must not have unpacked all of them.

Here is what the table looked like.

Two different patterned plates and a relish plate that is another pattern.

Here are the individual plates, up close and personal.
Plate on the left side of the table.
The plates I was looking for are similar in design to this plate.

YOu can see a small part of the design around the rim.
Notice the gold rim on this plate and the one above.
This gold edging appeared on a lot of Grandma's dishes.

Plate on the rght side of the table.
A larger pink rose pattern witha very rich ecru colored background.
This has always been one of my favorites . . .
so it was my plate for Easter.

So Grandma and Grandpa Winegardner were with us for Easter dinner today. Wanna see what we had? Totally different from most Easter dinners . . .but, then again, the husband shouldn't have asked me what I wanted :0}

Roast Pork Loin (cooked to medium even though it looks pinker here),
roasted root veggies, pineapple slices and rye bread with butter
I hope each of you had a Blessed Easter
and spent it with those you love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.