Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year, A New Blog

As the title says, it's a new year and I have decided to change my blog to me. I'm not sure if I have outgrown the URL of the old blog, or have grown into myself.

When I started blogging, I had no idea what I might run into. It took me several tries and when I came up with the name "Confessions of a Crochet Pattern Slut," that pretty much said it all. I had restarted crocheting and was searching everywhere for patterns I could make.

That was 938 posts ago. Since then I have started designing my own patterns and have come into my own in the "World of Crochet." I have claimed my name as my signature for my patterns . . . Paula Gaumer Tooke. I had to use  my maiden name as part of my "designer" name . . . it had been my name for 53 years and was as much a part of me as my DNA code.

After reading through many New Years posts, I decided it was time to start anew. Not throw out the old, all of my old posts are here, but start with a clean URL slate.

Now you will find me at http://paulagaumertooke.blogspot.com/. It is a VERY clean slate . . no background, no "stuff" in the margins. 

I will leave the old blog "live" for a while until people can find me at my new home :)

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi to you too, Miss Cadi. Happy 2013 to you and yours :)

      Delete
  2. You have been followed and added! Can't wait to see what 2013 brings to you Paula! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, your family and Bridget :)

      Delete
  3. Well hello! Yes I have kind of been off the radar lately. It's been pretty tough since I put Leo down. I've done some crocheting but only when pushed to get minimal Christmas done. I don't know what's happened to me but I've kind of taken a step back for a while. Haven't blogged much, as you saw. Haven't been reading blogs either. I really have so much to catch up on. I'm glad you commented. I hope you and Gene had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I've been sick for a lot of mine. Still sick as a matter of fact. Lovely way to start out a new year huh? I hope it's not a sign of things to come. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.