I have to tell you, I HATE zucchini. It has no flavor and the mouth feel reminds me of a gooey. mushy, blah nothingness. Unless it is in zucchini bread or zucchini pie :)
But this . . man, oh, man . . it was WONDERFUL!
2 Medium Zucchini
1 Medium Onion
10 - 20 Cherry Tomatoes, or equivalent
Chiavetta's Italian Dressing (Kraft Zesty Italian works great)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Dice onions and peppers to comparable sizes.
2. Saute peppers and onions 'til tender.
3. Add 1/8 tsp Ground Cumin and Italian Dressing, stir and heat through, then remove from heat.
4. Add cut tomatoes to pepper/onion mixture
5. Cut zucchini into "McDonald French Fry" sized strips. CUt the strips in half. (Rind can be left on or taken off.)
6. SAute 'til tender,
7. Add 1/8 tsp Ground Cumin and Italian Dressing, stir and heat through, then remove from heat.
8. Combine pepper/onion/tomato mixture with zucchini, and heat through.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan Cheese, or serve cold with the cheese.
Now tell me, doesn't Sunday night's supper look delicious?
|Pork steak. cottage cheese and Zucchini/Pepper Salad.|