Leaves on this Family Tree

Withering Away

Thursday, October 24, 2013

EASY Coconut Custard Pie

I know . . looks like a cake, doesn't  it?
Here is why I LOVE this recipe . . . all ingredients are mixed together and the crust "miraculously" forms on the bottom as it bakes.

1/2 - 1 C Flaked Coconut (depending on your love of coconut)
3/4 C Sugar
1/2 C Bisquick
1 T Butter (melted)
2 C Milk
4 Eggs
1/4 tsp Vanilla


  1. Mix all ingredients together. (Personally, I like placing everything in s blender and letting it do the work, but, this evening, I used a bowl and a whisk.)
  2. Pour ingredients in a 9" pie plate. (Again, I like to use a deep dish pie pan but I couldn't find mine today so I used an 8" x 8" baking pan.
  3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes, or until "custard" has set and coconut has browned some.
  4. Cool, serve and enjoy!
Can you tell how moist it is?
I'll bet we eat it one little bite at a time
instead of a normal "pie" size piece.

Don't like coconut? Leave it out and have an Impossible Custard Pie :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments inspires me to blog more.