1 prebaked 9" Pie Shell
2 C Milk (2% or whole)
1 stick Butter or Margarine (no soft margarine)
1. Bring milk and butter to a boil.
2. In small bowl combine sugar and cornstarch until cornstarch "disappears" into the sugar.
3. Slowly add sugar mixture into milk mixture using a wire whisk.
4. Bring to boil, stirring constantly until starting to get thick.
5. Stir in vanilla.
Pour into prebaked pie shell, sprinkle will nutmeg and bake at 600 degreesF for 15 minutes.
OPTION 1 - Lemon or Orange Custard Pie
1. Replace Vanilla with orange or lemon extract.
2. Replace Nutmeg with orange or lemon zest and sprinkle on top of pie.
OPTION 2 - Chocolate Custard Pie
1. Add 3/4 C of Chocolate Chips when adding vanilla.
2. OR, wait until mixture is poured into pie shell and add chips and make it swirl.
3. Leave nutmeg off.
OPTION 3 - Almond Joy Custard Pie
1. Replace 1/2 vanilla with almond extract
2. Along with extracts stir in 3/4 C Chocolate chips, 1/4 C finely chopped almonds and 1/4 C Toasted coconut.
3. Replace nutmeg with additional coconut and slivered almonds.