I thought there should be a simpler way to use crescent rolls and peaches, besides wrapping a crescent roll around a slice of peach. Not that THAT is hard, but my crescent rolls didn't come neatly from the can, so there was a lot of pushing and pulling to make them cover the slices.
Yesterday I finally tried my new idea and, as you can see from the picture, it worked.
Peach "Cobbler" . . . AgainIngredients
7 Peaches (or more) - peeled, pitted and sliced
2 pkgs Crescent Rolls
1/2 stick Butter - melted
1/2 C Domino Sugar with Stevia (or regular sugar to taste)
1/4 tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Unroll one pkg of Crescent Rolls and line the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Cover with sliced peaches.
5. Unroll the second pkg of Crescent Rolls and place on top of the peaches.
6. Melt the butter and stir in the sugar. Add vanilla to this mixture and pour the mixture over the top layer of Crescent Rolls.
7. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until top is golden brown.
Don't let the fact that the Crescent Rolls may pull apart, or not "meet and seal." As the dish bakes, the liquid will fuse/join (sort of) the rolls together.